Saturday, October 11, 2008

崔斯坦與伊索德 Tristan & Isolde

Tristan: What's your name?
Isolde: Oh, I think it's better if we don't bother with names.

Tristan: Come with me. Come with me!
Isolde: I can't!
Tristan: Why not? Please!
Isolde: Tristan, we both know this can't be, we've known it from the start. That doesn't mean it isn't true, it is, it just cannot be. I want to know that you're alive somewhere thinking of me from time to time. I want to know that there's more to this life and I can't know that if they kill you. Please! Go.

Isolde: You risked your life to give me to another man.
Tristan: You said your name was Bragnae. Why did you do that?
Isolde: Oh, what have I done? Stop this thing, Tristan, say something.
Tristan: I can't. I won you in my King's name.
Isolde: But I'm your's. You touched me and I knew.
Tristan: It doesn't matter.
Isolde: It's the only thing that matters, Tristan. Leave with me, I'll go anywhere!
Tristan: Your marriage will end a hundred years of bloodshed.
Isolde: [crying] My marriage to *another* man!
Tristan: Isode, we will live with this, we must.

Isolde: If things were different, if we lived in a place without duty, would you be with me?
Tristan: That place does not exist.
Isolde: [sobs] I'll pretend it's you.

Isolde:I'm leaving with this, Tristan, as you said we must.
Tristan[to Isolde]: I live in torture, thinking of these moments. With every look he gives you, I get sicker and sicker. There is a burning in me I feel on fire, and there's guilt I can't comidify. Does it make you happy to know that?

Isolde: How many have you loved before me?
Tristan: None.
Isolde: And after me?
Tristan: None.

Tristan: [to Lord Marke] She is loyal to you. I am sure of it.

Lord Marke: [on the affair] How long?
Isolde: Since you thought he was dead.

Isolde: ...if we do this.
Tristan: Our love will be forever remembered as brought down a kingdom. Remember us.

Isolde: Know that I love you Tristan. Wherever you go, whatever you see. I'll be there with you.
[His Last Words]
Tristan: You were right. Life is greater than death. And love is greater than either.

No comments: